Benefits of Reiki
Reiki helps to cleanse, rebalance and restore harmony on all levels, be that physical, mental, emotional or spiritual.
- Reiki is extremely effective in helping with relaxation and stress release
- It can help clear the head aiding clear thinking and decision making
- It has been found to benefit people with all kinds of illnesses and injury including arthritis, back pain, MS, ME, insomnia, high blood pressure, depression, skin problems, migraine, anxiety, depression and more
- It can help people come to terms with and cope with deep emotional distress from past traumas/experiences and bereavement
- It helps with appreciating the joy and happiness we already feel – you do not have to be unwell to benefit from Reiki.
What is Reiki
Reiki is a form of hands on healing using the Universal Life Force Energy (the energy that is all around us) that activates the body’s natural ability to heal itself.
How does it work
The energy is channelled through the Reiki practitioner to the client by laying or hovering his or her hands at the energy points in the body.
These energy points are called chakras and we have seven main ones
- the root chakra which is associated with survival and security
- the sacral chakra associated with relationships, emotional issues and creativity
- the solar plexus associated with self-esteem and self – will
- the heart chakra associated with loving and being loved
- the throat chakra associated with communication
- the brow (third eye) associated with intuition
- the crown chakra associated with thought and understanding, with higher knowledge and oneness.
We can think of the chakras as being like a child’s windmill, spinning to enable the energy to flow upwards through the body. If any one of these stops or gets stuck, the energy becomes stuck and out of balance, causing physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual symptoms.
Reiki is said to have an intelligence of its’ own and only goes where it is needed and in the quantity needed. For this reason it can only have a positive effect.
Reiki works alongside orthodox medicine, but is not a replacement for it.
Reiki is not a religion but does have a spiritual nature. You will not be asked to embrace any religious beliefs or change your existing beliefs and practices.
What can I expect during a Reiki treatment
Reiki is given with the person fully clothed, either lying down or sat comfortably in a chair.
Each experience is unique to the person receiving Reiki – there is no right or wrong, good or bad experience.
- Sometimes the person feels nothing at all (but this does not mean it is not having an effect)
- Some experience a heat reaching deep inside the body
- Sometimes an area being treated may feel cold
- There may be twitching or pins and needles
- Some people see colours and images in their mind during the treatment
- Often there is a dreamy trance like state and a feeling of relaxation and calm.
- Sometimes there is a spontaneous emotional release – but nothing ever arises that you cannot cope with.
There are no specific contraindications to a person receiving Reiki, but careful consideration is required for a person with a pacemaker and for a person who has a newly fractured bone.
The initial consultation will include a confidential medical history review, whereby any concerns can be discussed and a plan made jointly between us.
Where can I receive Reiki
You do not need a ‘special’ place to receive Reiki. It can be given anywhere. Having said that, I like to create an environment that invokes calmness and a feeling of being held.
I offer Reiki in my home, in clients’ homes and can also send it over distance to wherever you are.
Again this can be discussed prior to your first session.
I have used Reiki within my role as a Macmillan Nurse in hospices and hospitals and nursing homes and feel happy and comfortable to continue to offer this.
Reiki can also be sent over distance, and so is beneficial to those unable to meet face to face with the Reiki practitioner.
We just need to agree a date/time that is convenient for us both.
I will explain this more fully when discussing your individual needs.
£35.00 per session.
A session lasts between 45 – 60 minutes (first session a little longer at no extra cost)